Where we process your personal data, you are entitled to a number of rights and can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights here, and you can also update your own preferences with us anytime by visiting your account page.
The right to access your personal data and correction
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us here.
The right to data portability
Your personal data is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies where:
- The processing is based on your consent;
- The processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
- The processing takes place by automated means;
If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, please contact us here.
The right to deletion of your personal data
You have right to request that we delete your data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for Danone’s legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or
- your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
If you wish to restrict our processing of your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please contact us here.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Whilst we would be grateful if you lodged any complaints with us, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK ICO about how we process personal data. You can also reach the Data Protection Officer at Danone here.